Monday, March 5, 2012

Working in Jones

Hello family,
The elegant Elder Elgan.

Jones is a fun place. Elder Elgan is an awesome companion.   
We’re working with the small Branch of Jones and finding that none of our investigators or less actives will keep their promises. I take that back, there is one hopeful investigator, Tay Ebarra. (Tay is short for Tatay, meaning dad). If someone looks old enough to be your mom or dad you call them Nay or Tay... ay is an 'i' sound.  If they’re old enough to be your Grandma or Grandpa you call them lolo (gpa) or lola (gma). Just one of those closeness things of the Philippines.  We usually refer to everyone else as Kabsat or sibling in ilokano. 
Downtown Jones.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Tagalog is Ang Simbahan ni JesusCristo ng mga Banal sa mga Huling Araw which literally translates to the church of Jesus Christ of saints in the last days. I think we sound cooler as 'saints in the last days' rather than 'latterday saints,' but that’s just me..

A refrigerator full of fish.  I am grateful, but I would be
slightly more grateful if I liked fish.
Matt Has got called to RUSSIA?  I am incredibly excited for him and slightly jealous. 

I miss you all very much and love you all very much. Have a great week you crazy family.

Mahal Kita,

Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment