Monday, January 28, 2013

Don't Know What You've Got 'til It's Gone


Kumusta!

After talking to you on Skype at Christmas, I decided to start trying to write more letters.  I usually sit down to write a letter and cannot think of anything to say.  That is something I feel I have come to learn about myself on my mission so far; I am not good at communicating through letters or emails or texts or anything like that, but I’ve gotten pretty good at talking to people face to face.  I need some interaction .  I think that’s something I’ve developed and I hope it’s something you notice as well, when I get home.   

I’m sorry I won’t be home until the end of October.  I feel bad for ruining any plans, but I hope we can still go on a family trip then.  I really want to go do something with my family when I get home.  I really want to do what you had planned in October and I feel kinda stupid for messing it up.   Can we still do it if we just push it back a little?  I’m sorry.

I can’t wait to get home and do things with you all and go places with you all like we used to.  I always loved family trips, but looking back now, I don’t feel like I appreciated the family part of those trips enough.  There is not a moment in my head that I remember being more happy or having more fun than I was with one, or some, or all of my family.  I oove you all so much, and I can shamelessly admit the truthfulness in the words, “You don’t know what you’ve got ‘til it’s gone,” because I didn’t.  But instead of regretting what I wasted before, I promise to treasure each one of you that much more.  I promise to be a better brother and son. 
Football for Elders of the Cauayan Zone,  before Elder
Hufstatler  (with football) goes home.

I love and miss you all. 

Mahal ko kayo,

Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment